23.8.10

Thai Garden Veggie Wraps with Peanut Sauce



This is my new favorite lunch! I ate a big whole grain wrap stuffed with fresh veggies and herbs and was satisfied but didn't feel heavy and stuffed . I love what living in the Arizona heat does to inspire me to come up with these quick, light meals. I suppose there's not much else to do other than sit around indoors and think about food since it's to stinking hot to go outside!

At first I was simply going to toss the veggies with lime juice and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and hot chile flakes for some kick, but then I started craving a peanuty sauce. It was so perfect and was my favorite part. It helped the little guys gobble them up too!




*Flavor with fresh herbs and citrus instead of mayo, salt or jarred marinades.





What you will need: 
2 carrots, julienned
1 seedless cucumber, peeled and juliened
1 red bell pepper, seeded and juliened
broccoli slaw
big handful of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
handful of fresh basil, thinly sliced
whole grain wraps/tortillas
toasted sesame seeds
hot chile flakes ( optional) 
* mint or cilantro would be good too, I just used what I had on hand.

For the peanut sauce: 
2 big spoonfuls of All Natural peanut butter or Tahini paste
2 tablespoons Tamari (similar to soy sauce, minus the additives and less sodium)
2 limes, juiced
dried onion flakes

Whisk all ingredients together in large measuring cup. Fill the wraps with veggies and herbs and drizzle sauce over the top.




9 comments:

  1. I think all the raw veggies in this wrap sound great. What a simple, summer meal that relies on fresh veggies for flavor and crunch. Thank you for sharing another great and healthy meal idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy, crunchy bite! I like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful with beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Site, Gwen! These wraps look scrumptious, I must get on the task of making gluten free wraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Will be keeping this in mind when looking to use my tahini paste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how fresh and healthy this is, yet with such a flavorful and creamy sauce. Just happen to have some wraps to use up. Lucky me :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, this sounds yummy. i am going to make it next time I get to the store to have all the ingredients! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. besides chillies, you can try adding some fish sauce and rice vinegar to the filling too! adds that Thai flavour. will add a nice tang and flavour to the wraps, which will be perfect with the peanut sauce! that said, that looks great and really fresh!

    http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/07/thai-glass-noodle-salad-yum-woon-sen.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. besides chillies, you can try adding some fish sauce and rice vinegar to the filling too! adds that Thai flavour. will add a nice tang and flavour to the wraps, which will be perfect with the peanut sauce! that said, that looks great and really fresh!

    http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/07/thai-glass-noodle-salad-yum-woon-sen.html

    ReplyDelete

If you really like a post please share, like on FB, Google +, Stumble and give it a THUMBS UP or Pin It on Pinterest!

I appreciate all positive and helpful comments! Thanks for stopping by.


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye